onsdag, januari 03, 2007

We don't know, and we won't know

Tool!
Så bra texter, så bra musik... Detta känns! Långt in i själen, eller nånstans... Rysningar. Mörker.


It was so real,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
All sorta terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
While I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why
Y'all sound like Peanuts parents?
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally, it's my lucky day
'Cause this shit never happens to me
I can't breathe right now!
You believe me, don't you?
Please believe what I've just said!
See the Dead ain't touring
And this wasn't all in my head.
See, they took me by the hand
And invited me right in.
See, my heart is racing
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin.
Strapped down to my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed.
Hey ...
I can't remember what they said to me
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be the hero
Can't remember what they said
Bob help me!
Can't remember what they said
We don't know, and we won't know
God damn, shit the bed!

(Från "Rosetta Stoned" - Tool)

Detta var bara så mycket min dröm. Mardrömmen. Livet. Och det man inte vet. Om livet, om allt. Det är bra. Och Bob, hehe...hör du det, Rob!?


Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason,
And this is what they choose?

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over your lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die,
Over what? For their ending

Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this chug of war will end...
Cut it all right in two....

Silly Monkeys...
How they survive so misguided is a mystery

(Från "Right In two" - Tool)

Inga kommentarer: